March 27, 2015

Shanghai Memories - Matcha latte

Have you already had your first Matcha latte experience?

I tried the green japanese based super drink last year, when I lived in Shanghai. The only thing that I can remember is that I wasn't a Matcha fan right away. I didn't like the strong smell and especially not the very green color. But after a while I was craving it. 





These days Matcha is the hottest tea in town. Instagram, blogs and magazines tell me that people are super excited about Matcha. New matcha cafes are also opening everywhere.



                                        


Seeing Matcha latte all over my social media pages made me want to have it again. So I bought 40 gram of Matcha powder in a tea shop. 



Matcha latte is very easy and fast to make. All you need is water, milk and matcha powder. 

  • 2 gram matcha powder (1 1/2 tsp)
  • 80ml hot water (not boiling water)
  • 80-100ml milk (depends on how much you like)
  • optional: honey


Pour the powder into a cup. Add the water and whisk vigorously until the powder is all dissolved. Then heat the mild and froth it until foamy. Finally add the milk froth in the cup.






And voilĂ 

No comments:

Post a Comment