February 20, 2016

Chic.Simple.Neutral.

Between-seasons outfit


It is no secret that the camel coat has enjoyed a slow-burn revival to the streets. Harkening back to a fashion statement of 90s minimalism, it’s become damn near ubiquitous.

Honestly I was never a fan of brown or anything in a shade of brown. But I was looking for a new between-seasons coat. Or I was just looking for something new, which turned out to be a good buy. That’s actually one of my biggest struggles – resisting my shopaholism. On my way to the University I have to walk through Getreidegasse, Salzburg’s most famous shopping mile. That means I am passing Zara, Mango, Hallhuber, Benetton, etc. The last weeks I starred at in shop windows saying: SALE, -50%, 70% OFF, WINTER SALE.

In my defense: Anything is more seductive than arriving at the library to write master thesis.

Well my shopping heart couldn’t resist. I bought a few things, but they are not worth writing about. They look pretty much like everything else in my closet. Black and white.
           
BUT: my new dark camel coat is worth showing. It is cozy, puristic and elegant. Another prove to the fact that neutrals are anything but boring!

I wear my new camel coat from ZARA with a black no-name blouse from a cute Vintage Store in Soho, New York, a black ripped jeans from Rag&Bone, and platform boots from ALDO.


  




No comments:

Post a Comment