October 11, 2015

Healthy, easy and delicious - must-try recipe

Yeah, almost finishing time. My stomach is rumbling. Time for dinner but as usual I have no idea what to make. Thinking about cooking gets me ‘hangry’.

Instead I checked my Instagram feed and came up with a perfect after-work snack.

It should be simple, healthy and tasty. Let me introduce you to an easy dinner snack: Sweet Potato Fries! It’s a must-try!

Fries and healthy? Yes - baked in the oven low carb, high in vitamins and calcium.

Add a tasty guacamole or hummus dip – and you will never ever order fries at McDonald’s.

Recipe: Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries with chili flakes


Ingredients (for 2 persons) 

·      3 medium sweet potatoes
·      Pinch of salt
·      1 tablespoon olive oil
·      1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
·      ½ tablespoons chili flakes

1.     Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius. In a small bowl combine rosemary and oil.
2.     Peel the potatoes and cut them lengthwise.
3.     Toss the potatoes with the oil rosemary mixture.
4.     Spread potatoes on a large parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
5.  Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned.
6.     Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and serve warm.




Additionally I made a guacamole dip: 1 Avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper.




No comments:

Post a Comment