June 28, 2015

Home office: dress to impress – even for yourself!

Since two months I have been writing and researching for my master thesis. Approximately 3 days a week I am sitting on my desk at home all day long. Sometimes I’ve found myself in my pajamas at 3pm.

However, I have noticed that my productivity and motivation greatly improves when I dress nicely.

Dressing when I work at home is completely different than going to work at the office. Nobody cares what I look like – neither my neighbors across the street nor my roommates.

But I figured out that I do!

Besides dressing up it is important to make a break during the day and go somewhere just to grab a coffee or meet some friends. Yesterday, after my brain couldn’t read anymore scientific and theoretic literature, I planned to go outside to buy some fruits. On my way there I passed Zara and couldn’t ignore the big SALES poster in the shop window. Although I didn’t want to buy anything before I leave for New York in 10 days, I came back home with an apple, strawberries and two denim pants.

There was one good thing about it though, I was excited to wear my new white denim shorts and got dressed as soon as I woke up. Today’s daily break should have been an hour of sun somewhere outside near the river. The minute I was about to leave the house it started raining. Instead I thought to take it as it comes and sat down in the middle of my apartment – summery dressed, with a smoothie, some magazines and my NY checklist.








1 comment:

  1. Zepherra OUTLET or ZOULET is your destination for great deals on women’s clothes. You can find budget-friendly everyday pieces and accessories that can take you from day to night. Originally conceived as a clearinghouse for Zepherra merchandise, Z OUTLET has reinvented as a unique curated collection of chic urban outfits. All items are curated meticulously with special focus on quality and workmanship to ensure that every piece is a value buy. Our customer service team and personal stylists are always ready to help you to have a smooth shopping experience with us. Everyday Deals on Dresses, work clothes, work dress, korean style, korean fashion, office wear, online clothes shopping, office dress, workwear, Tops and Accessories.

    ReplyDelete